We provide a 15 year warranty that Mermaid Panels will not crack, blister or delaminate and will remain watertight on the condition that they are fitted and sealed correctly in accordance with our fitting guidelines.
In the event of a successful claim under your guarantee we will replace the panels, but will only cover any claims for refitting costs under exceptional circumstances and where a defective panel prohibits ordinary use of the surrounding area. Claims for any additional consequential costs will not be accepted.
This guarantee does not cover failure of the product due to:
- Products clearly damaged in transit where the goods have been signed for with a clean signature (it is not acceptable to sign for goods unchecked).
- Faulty installation
- Incorrect maintenance or storage – panels should not be leaned against walls, or balanced upon trestles. Panels should be conditioned at room temperature for 48 hours prior to installation.
- Accidental damage or misuse.
- Fair wear and tear of the product through chemical and/or physical action.
- Use of the bottom seal is not mandatory, in the event of a failure due to ingress of water into the bottom of panels where an appropriate seal has not been used, the guarantee may not be valid.
Prior to installation, the protective film (where present) must be completely removed and the following checks carried out and any queries reported. Claims of this nature will not be covered once the panels have been fitted.
- All products have arrived in good condition.
- Flaws or defects in laminate.
- Colour shade matching and sheen levels between all panels and profiles.
- If panels are to be fitted by a third party tradesman - colours should first be approved by the end user.
- Dry fit of Verti-lock T & G panels prior to installation to ensure a tight butted joint.
Please note this guarantee only applies if the product has been used in a normal domestic situation. It does not apply to commercial or exceptionally high use installations.
This guarantee does not confer any rights other than those set out above and claims for consequential loss or damage are excluded.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.